Monday, October 22, 2007

Book

Someone has inspired me to continue reading. Me? Reading? The girls will laugh at me. I haven't touch a book seriously for like years. The last one would be right before I left home to come to this boring College.

Come to think again, I used to be the bookworm in my class. Anyone would admit that I was never seen without a book most of the time. I skipped PE classes just to read books or do my homeworks. No homeworks at home. That was my principle.

I spent a lot of time on reading materials, especially novels back then in school. I used to dig the old cupboard at Grandma's house for some treasure. Mostly books. Old novels with yellow pages and old paper smell. A couple of decades old. Some were bought when I wasn't even born yet. I would spend the afternoon with a book while my cousins were out somewhere. And the little ones would sit near me waiting for me to finish my reading and play with them. I would usually comply and spend some time playing with them until they get tired and don't feel like bugging me for some time.

A few years living without lifting a book and actually reading it would sound weird for some people who were so used to my habit. Some family members actually noticed that. Now I carry some Sudoku books around. No more thick books of texts. Only numbers.

Yeah, I noticed on how slow I read now. I couldn't even finish a 200-page book in a month. God! What is happening to me? I need to get my old self back! The one who used to read a lot. The one who used to read something heavy enough for young adults at the age of puberty. And I'm not talking about Mills and Boons.

Now, this someone has inspired me to go back to the old habit of reading. So I need good books and a lot of time and very little distraction so I can really enjoy reading. Any recommendations?

No comments: