Thursday, October 9, 2008

XOXO

A few days ago I heard a friend of my Roomies asked: What is xoxo? And the Roomie she was talking to said: hugs and kisses. The kid said X is kiss, so it stands for hugs and kisses, I guess. The Friend: Oh...

Yup. Ten points for the Roomie. But that's not why I'm writing this post.

I'm writing because The Friend pronounced XOXO as xoxo... Like 'so-so' instead of 'ex-oh-ex-oh'.

I am mean for pretending like I didn't hear the whole thing, and the whole time trying to keep my grin from escaping. I am bad.

I know I'm bad. I know I'm not supposed to laugh or grin or anything when the person asking the funny question truly don't know what the thing is. That the point of asking the first place.

I was stupid like that too, not knowing what XOXO or XXX was. I only knew that it was something some people put under their signature in a letter or a card. And that's it. No particular meaning, only something fancy. Yes, I was stupid. But I took the safe way and pronounced it the way it is spelled. All capitals. Individual letters.

She made it sounds weird. Poor girl. Then again, I don't really like her. So I don't feel sorry for her.

No comments: