Friday, April 20, 2007

Too Liberal?

I am writing this post from Queenie's laptop. She is taking a nap. It really is a nice day to take an afternoon nap. In this kind of weather, I guess nobody really wanted to do anything except taking an afternoon nap.

I have something else in mind. I have been thinking about it for quite some time now. There are times when I think of some matters very seriously, like I have somehow grown up like I am supposed to.

I grew up in an environment where your words, whatever thing you say, will be used against you. Sooner or later. Expressing one's opinions are not very easy. There are always people who will turn your words against you using some 'holy words from the Book'. And no one will ever dare to be on your side ever again.

There are so many liberal people whose ideas, words and actions are being judged as 'too liberal', they are the ideas, words and actions of those who are judged as being averted from the Holy Belief.

Good grief! Ask for forgiveness for your sins, for having said such things. Back to the Holy Book. Back to the Holy Belief, or you will burn in Hell!

That was how things were back then when I was little. I am not sure if it is still the same now. But I am pretty sure it still is. I have actually come to a point where I could care no more of things happening around me. All I want to do is shut the voices out of my ears.

Corrupted. Stained. Sinned.

I care less about people who, sooner or later, throw those words to me. I have dealt with a situation where, in a silly argument, I have used the words from the Bible. Well, I am pretty sure it is a word from the Book.

Here's what I've found on the words I used in the argument:
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
— Jesus (c. 5 BCE—33 CE) in the Gospels, Matthew 7:12, Luke 6:31, Luke 10:27

Hmm... So I was right when I told him that. It was the words in the Bible. And Jesus'!

So, what's wrong with this words? Nothing. But if you were in my place, being raised up in such an environment, such a society, you will know that this is not a very good way to argue with anyone. An absolute NO!!! With capital letters and some exclamation marks.

Why?

I am sorry to say that most people around me are being so sensitive with such things. Religious things. Yes, I am aware of that too. But borrowing a word that fits perfectly in the situation I was in, I don't see it as wrong. For me, is not immoral to use such words.

I don't know if he sees me as just using the words as a supporting point of my argument. He might as well interpreted my intentions as a whole different thing. He, and others, might look at me as some girl with the heart as black as a coal when I use the words from the Book.

I am not diverted from my I am still holding to what I believe in when I was little, and when I grew up.

I don't make fun of other religions. Have a respect on mine, and I will respect yours. Just don't do anything to make me join yours. No, thanks. I am tired of people manipulating religions. I am sick enough with mine.

What I really want to say is, I am maybe being too open for the likings of people here. Sorry to say, but most who are still holding the Holy Belief are still narrow-minded. And I am sorry too for the people who are being too open-minded, they don't hold the Holy Belief in them.

I am not saying that I am a Saint who have the best of both worlds. I am just a human, I lack of both. I still have a lot to learn, I need to be more open, and I still have a lot to learn, to let the Belief into my heart like the air in my lungs. Just like the air, it is not in its purest form, still contaminated with tiny particles. But enough to let me breathe and live. I still am so far away from being perfect. Heck! I still am far away from the basics.

*sigh* I should have take that afternoon nap. My mind is pretty tired now. Maybe I'll write on this issue again. Maybe not.

No comments: