Thursday, January 4, 2007

Cancer

Cancer
by My Chemical Romance

Turn away
If you could get me a drink
Of water cause my lips are chapped and faded
Call my aunt Marie
Help her gather all my things
And bury me
In all my favorite colors,
My sisters and my brothers, still,
I will not kiss you,

Cause the hardest part of this,
Is leaving you.

Now turn away,
Cause I'm awful just to see
Cause all my hair's abandoned all my body,
All my agony,
Know that I will never marry,
Baby, I'm just soggy from the chemo,
But counting down the days to go.
It just ain't living

And I just hope you know,
That if you say,
Good-bye today,
I'd ask you to be true,

Cause the hardest part of this,
Is leaving you...

Cause the hardest part of this,
Is leaving you...

I can't have enough of this song. I have it played on my playlist repeatedly, continuously. I think the song is just beautiful. Ohhh... I'm soooooooo in love with this song. And yes, this is not my first time listening to it. I've been playing it for weeks now. I can't wait for the clip to be aired on TV! (^_^)

This song and some few other songs are my fav in The Black Parade. No, I'm not addicted to Welcome to the Black Parade. I'll listen to it every now and then but please, not everyday. I suggest Cancer, I Don't Love You and Disenchanted. Cancer and I Don't Love You are slow tracks. Those who prefers the screaming Gerard should just get their first album. And just like their previous albums, they included one hidden track. The track is Blood, a very short track with catchy lyrics and tunes.

*****

W and I were so into these songs we actually put the title and some lyrics in our thought bubbles in Skype.

This was hers:

I don't love u


And this was mine:

Still,
I will not kiss you
Coz the hardest part of this is leaving you


And people kept on asking what was it about. Haha... It was funny.

One day my *lalala...* went online and saw it. He immediately asked me if that was meant for him and I won't kiss him. He sounded sad, maybe he thought I was trying to avoid him and he'll lose me. Aww... That was sweet...

Well, he was afraid coz he was still in the middle of some crisis with his ex. You know, the love/hate thing, the want/don't want you back thing... Yeah, I am a rebound. Some sort of thing-he-has-just-in-case-their-relationship-doesn't-work-out-well. I'm aware of that. Even until now. Maybe he didn't realise it. Or maybe it was different from his point-of-view. Losing me after her is just something that I know he couldn't take very well. I'm his friend after all. But what he never actually realise is I will keep my promise to stay with him whenever he needs me, not necessarily as a girlfriend but as a friend. Just like what I promised him earlier.

My answer was: That is not for you. If I could then I would kiss you each and everytime I have the chance.

Haha. It did felt kind of weird though...

I did told him that it was just a song. I wish I could make him listen to it for at least once. Anyway, I think he was really sweet when he asked me that question. And yeah, I've got lots of kisses lately (so what if I only get them in my phone?), after that incident. Hehe...

Anyway, I'm still waiting for the clip. Well, actually I can't really wait. But I'll try to be really patient :P

No comments: